Florida Firm Advises Treasure Coast Clients in Trust and Estate Planning and Administration
Accomplished Fort Pierce counsel offer range of wealth transfer tools
Estate planning is creating an instruction manual as to how, when and to whom your wealth is distributed. It’s making sure you have the proper help lined up in the form of trustees and executors and arming them with the legal tools to carry out their role as effectively as possible. At Bruce R. Abernethy, Jr. P.A., we have years of experience helping clients in Martin, Indian River and St. Lucie counties with their estate planning needs, including charitable gifts and specially designed trusts. Our estate plans are customized to your family’s needs and designed to prepare you and them for the unexpected. Let us help you design a smart and thoughtful plan to protect the wealth you’ve spent a lifetime building.
Professional counsel you can trust for all estate planning matters
Among the services we provide for clients at Bruce R. Abernethy, Jr. P.A. are:
- Will planning and drafting — With a partner who is board certified by the Florida Bar in wills and trusts, we will work with you to draft a last will and testament that distributes your estate according to your wishes and will help your heirs with probate administration.
- Trust planning — You may want to set aside your assets for your beneficiaries while you are still living, helping them avoid the probate process. There are tax advantages to placing assets in a trust versus distributing them upon death. We design and administer revocable living trusts, special needs trusts, protective trusts and grantor trusts. Other lifetime asset transfers include gifts and intrafamily wealth transfers.
- Incapacity planning — It is prudent to assign a designated person to act on your behalf in the event you become too ill or incapacitated to manage your own financial and personal affairs. Incapacity planning includes durable powers of attorney, health care surrogates, living wills and HIPAA medical record waivers and releases.
- Charitable gift planning — Your planned gift can help you achieve your charitable objectives using strategies that maximize the tax advantages of charitable gifts and the wealth available to pass to your personal beneficiaries. We can help create the ideal charitable gift plan to meet the needs of you and your family. This involves legacy planning, lifetime gift design and planning, private foundation design and planning, charitable lead trusts and charitable remainder trusts.
- Tax planning — Anything that involves transferring your assets results in tax consequences, and our firm is dedicated to making the tax liability as minimal as the law allows to preserve your assets for your loved ones. We prepare gift tax and estate tax returns, among other services.
- Asset protection planning — Sometimes, unanticipated changes to our marital and family status can have financial implications. We help prepare you for these changes with wealth protection planning, prenuptial and postnuptial planning, blended family planning and asset titling.
The estate planning attorneys at Bruce R. Abernethy, Jr. P.A. are problem solvers with an in-depth knowledge of Florida trust and estates law. Leave your asset protection matters to us and rest assured that your legacy is in capable hands.
Contact an experienced Florida trusts and estates attorney for a free initial consultation.
At Bruce R. Abernethy, Jr. P.A. we serve clients in the Martin, Indian River and St. Lucie counties with their estate planning needs. Call us at 772-828-2295 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at our downtown Fort Pierce office.